Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

· Registered
64 Posts
3. I think this was addressed in the other forum but there is the oder of gasoline sort of throughout the car, strongest in the rear above the fuel tank. No gasoline collects under the car when its parked however, and i don't think its pooling anywhere inside the body.

5. What kind of oil should I put in the car and how can I check all the fluid levels? (auto transmission, no power steering)
3. Is the oder you are getting gas or exhaust? If its gas, you may want to check the hose, but most likely its exhaust. If you have the pipes coming out the rear valance, the exhaust creates a cloud behind the car and gets sucked in the trunk if your trunk seal is old and cracked. Check the trunk seal, if its not spongy and has cracks in it, you should change it. The seal is about $12 and the weatherstipping adhesive is about $10. Mark off the trunk at the hing before removing the deck lid and its an easy fix. Other than that... check for any other holes in the trunk area that could draw in air.

5. I recommend Royal Purple Synthetic. Its a little pricey but I put that in my 289 and she loves it! Runs smooth and clean. I hear Gastrol synthetic is also recommended. Synthetic is probably your best bet with these older cars.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.