Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i had to buy a new light panel and when i put it on and tryed to put on the rear valance i could not push the valence up high enough due to the valence screws hitting the light panel. does the light panel need the hole for the valence screws drilled in it so i can screw through the light panel and valence to the piece behind the gas tank? i am stumped on this one.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Not sure where you are referring to. I think you are atalking about the screws that are used to mount the valance across the back. I used self taping screws on mine. The bumper covers the area so they are not to visible.
Here are pictures of the light panel I changed out.
Body Work

Mustang Steve also has a write up:
taillightpanel

Good Luck and BE Safe
Ron

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
i had to buy a new light panel and when i put it on and tryed to put on the rear valance i could not push the valence up high enough due to the valence screws hitting the light panel. does the light panel need the hole for the valence screws drilled in it so i can screw through the light panel and valence to the piece behind the gas tank? i am stumped on this one.
I was just test fitting my rear valance tonight on my 67 coupe as I was installing my quarter panel. The entire rear end of my car is completely reproduction--both quarter panels, tail light panel, trunk lid, rear trunk brace (the part behind the gas tank) and rear valance. All the parts are lined up nicely and went together well. The tail light panel has holes along the bottom that the holes in the top of the rear valance correctly align with. The rear valance attaches with self tapping screws that goes through the hole in the tail light panel and actually screws into the rear trunk brace. The only thing I don't like about this set up is after they've been removed several times, self tapping screws don't hold the panel as tight anymore.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Excellent guys thanks. My new tail light panel does not have the holes to screw it to the rear cross brace so I just need to clamp it all down and go through the valence tgen the tail light panel into the cross brace.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
The holes should have been pre-drilled in the tail light panel. And your valence is pre-drilled. Just line it up straight and you should be good to go. Happy drilling. :shigrin

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts