Ford Mustang Forum banner

1966 coupe with six banger...HELP!

494 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  6bangerfrank 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

A buddy of mine recently lost his home in the tri-state during hurricane sandy. Along with the house, his 66 mustang took on water. Needless to say, he's over it. Won't start, interior's shot, and he's done. He asked me if I could take it off his hands and I'm on the fence. A classic 60s form mustang is my dream car and the asking price is extremely low...I guess my question is: in the event that the car was fully submerged, what are the chances that the motor (an original 6 banger) and the tranny (I'm assuming an original c4, but I could be wrong) are salvageable? The car has some rust, but nothing new quarter skins and media blasting can't fix. Frame is pretty solid and many parts have been replaced (front and rear end, new carb, spark plugs, radiator, exhaust, heads, wiring, etc.) Regardless, not sure if all of those components, despite being new, held up post storm. I'm an amateur to car restoration, but I'm learning. Wondering if I should try to turn the motor by hand/the precautions I should take to ensure its water free. That being said, I'm a huge fan of this forum and would appreciate some input before I make the sale. Thanks a lot!!

#2 ·
The car was fully submerged?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.