Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

I just bought a brand new disc brake master cylinder. I have the factory disc brakes so this is the reproduction "jelly jar" large single bowl cylinder. I am keeping it original so I didn't want to use a dual bowl. Anyhow, there was a warning paper in the shipping box. It said that bench bleeding the cylinder should not be attempted due to the OEM seal design. It should only be pressure or vacuum bled. I had never heard of this before has anyone else?

·
Registered
233 Posts
not logical?

:waveyHi! what would be the difference thinking logically(bench vs. doing it on the car)? Unless the person bleeding the mc pushed in to far? But just the single bowl could just be bled on the car I would think/ pretty simple setup:bigthumbsup. I'd like to see a photo of your new mc, I don't think I've ever seen a nice new shiny single reservoir mc!:nogrinner
dne'

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
dne',

I was thinking along the same lines that you were. This is the first new MC I have ever had to purchase. I have just always heard that a new MC has to be bench bled first or it will not work right.

The MC is great looking! The original one I pulled off was all rusted on the outside and kind of nasty. Once I took it off, after already ordering the new one, I was relieved to see that the rust was just surface rust. I will be able to rebuild the unit and keep it for later. The picture showed the new MC to be the plain cast metal, which I thought would be a good contrast to the black firewall. I was just going to spray it with clear so it wouldn't rust. However, when I got the new MC in the mail it had already been sprayed semi-gloss black like the MCA rules say it should be. Oh well, it still looks good.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts