Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where can I get a 1966 engine brace like the straight one above the distributor? Also was the original brace that connected to the shock tower one or two peices?

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
if you're talking about a Monte Carlo bar that connects to the shock towers and crosses the engine bay, they can be found at any Mustang supplier.

If you're talking about the export braces that go from the shock tower caps to the firewall, they were originally two pieces. However single piece brace offers better support.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm talking about both.
We have an engine dress up kit on ours and if we make it look original we will put a monte carlo bar and I will cut the other one to fit like the original.

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
A monte carlo bar was only factory on a Shelby but it was always offered in the dealers parts list and aftermarket.The factory braces that go from the shock towers to the firewall was 2 pieces one pre side.The export brace is one piece looks like a big u kinda that was only factory on a Shelby or cars exported out of the usa.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Was the export bar mounted under or over that lip at the back of the engine compartment?

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
since it seems like you're hellbent on originality, the monte carlo bar would not be original to your car, only Shelby's as Andrew said. The export brace mounts on the top of the cowl lip at the fire wall.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts