Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so this is supposed to be introductions. Hi!! We have a 1966 fastback Mustang and are in the process of putting a 5.0 in it out of an '89. We have bought what we thought was necessary to swap it to speed density, and have bought a new wiring harness, custom made to remove unnecessary wires. Getting ready to start hooking things up, and now it looks like we don't know where to start. Any ideas, or where I can get some sort of wiring diagram? This is actually my car, and my husband is about to swap it all over to intake and carb if we can't get the wiring/computer stuff figured out. Please help!! Thank you so much.

Andrea

·
Registered
281 Posts
Andrea
I was thinking of doing the swap on my 65 coupe as well. James Willingham has a documentary web sight call midnightdsigns.com that spells almost everything out for you. I have emailed him with questions about this and he is not as active with the email address at the bottom of the page but he did respond after a few days. It has a lot of research done for you with parts list and wiring as well.

Joe

·
Registered
876 Posts

·
Registered
342 Posts
Great project. I don't know what kind of wiring harness you are using, but wiring diagrams for your 66 are easily found online, or you can order one from most parts vendors. Stick with it...EFI is great!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts