Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered my t5 for my mustang, now I need a new clutch, I have read that there are two size clutches for the '66, how do I find out which one I need/have? And what would be a good clutch? I am using the original bellhousing with the adapter kit, not the t5 housing.

Also should I get the flywheel resurfaced or buy a new one? I have not pulled it out to look at how it is, but I dont know the pros vs cons to new one vs resurfaced as long as the old one is in good condition.

I am doing the swap myself with a friend who has done many many transmission swaps for other cars, is there anything you can give me tips on to watch for?

Thanks guys for always being super helpful!

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
I like if the flywheel is in good condition then resurface it. I feel older stuff is better quality. when you take the old clutch out measure it and get one the same size. or call one of the swap companies, they can tell you what you need. what are you doing for clutch linkage. stock,cable or hydraulic.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
@sp66stang
I was planning on using the clutch setup already in the car. I don't know anything about swapping. I'm on a tight budget already, what are some benefits to swapping to hydraulic or cable? How much is it too. And how easy haha can I keep the same pedals ?

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
cable and hydraulic setups are fairly easy installs. few hours and done. they give the feeling of todays pedal. you can use the same pedals, but they are not cheap. cable is about 250 I think and hydraulic is 400 or so.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts