Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I have a 1966 Mustang coupe with a 289 and a Autolite 2100 2-V carb. I bought the car and practically nothing in the engine bay was put together or assembled and have no picture reference where the wires, hoses, ect. are intended to be.

Currently I am attempting to set up the vacuum lines and am having some trouble with determining where each goes. I have a Auotlite 2100 2-V carb and have no idea where the vacuum lines are to be attached on to this carburetor and to where the lines go from there. I have no power steering, PCV to spacer or factory air so it (to the best of my understanding) shouldn't have that complicated of a vacuum setup.

Any help would be very appreciated, if someone could take pictures of their setup or draw a diagram of where the hoses are ment to plug into and go where.

thanks
John

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
here are some pics. Mines a '66 289 C code with 2100. No power anything but it is a California Emissions car.

if any questions, send a PM & ill tell ya what i know. I just learned about some of this just today. Some cars have a metal line from Vacuum Advance to Carb. some use rubber hose.

This will help you with the choke tubes. (i forgot to mention,one of my choke tubes is missing)

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/classic-tech/289431-1965-mustang-289-2v-choke-tube-s.html

Attachments

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
hey thanks, that helps a lot!

in the second photo i see a cap, a metal line that is 2 inches long and a second larger metal line all emerging from the tree, what is the second vacuum line leaving the photo at the bottom of the screen? where does it go?

thanks John

·
Registered
217 Posts
That line could be for the thermactor smog system. I took all of that stuff off. I currently have the pcv, vac advance, and vac line from the transmission modulator. I pulled that tree off and plugged the port on mine.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
John, yes those items are for the Calif Emissions. I left it on. No special reason. That one hose at bottom of pic is also for CE. In pic #1, you will see on left the short 90 hose with the bolt in it - also for CE's.

FYI - California Emissions is really called Thermactor Emissions. Abbreviated TE, in some book/catalogs.

Ted covered everything pretty much. Not many vacuum lines on the car.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts