Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know the are a few posts on this site but i didn't see any that were putting a 94 5.0 with efi in a 66 that had a inline 6 in it. If anyone could help me wit a list of steps and parts needed it would really help me out, also I want to use my c4 trans. thanks

·
Registered
831 Posts
I installed a 95 EFI in my 65 convertible. Our engines are very similar if not identical. If you are planning to use the serpentine system, you'll need to reposition the A/C compressor to another location since it contacts the shock tower. I put mine where the smog pump was.

You'll need a new oil pan and you'll have to plug the hole in the block that the old dip-stick used. So make sure the new pan you get has a dipstick provision. The 94-95 uses a low profile timing cover so it does not have a dip-stick provision.

Since you are using a C4 which is not computer controlled, you may get away with using the computer from a T5 car, but you'll need to verify this. In fact, you might WANT a T5 computer since it does not interface with the trans at all. I am guessing here since I use a Tremec and did not have to address this issue.

If the donor engine is still in the donor car, label all your connections as you remove the harness. This will come in handy later, trust me. :) Get a shop manual for the 94 as well since you'll need the wiring diagram in the back.

You'll need to get a new radiator with the in/out swapped so it will match your late model water pump.

Don't cut up your harness until you are sure the car runs correctly. Save wrapping the harness up until you are "done". So many of the sensors share return paths so if you cut something out, you are likely to kill something else too. This is where the wiring diagrams come in handy.

You may want to take a look at the blog I did for my EFI swap.
1965 Mustang Restomod

·
Registered
539 Posts
I installed a 95 EFI in my 65 convertible. Our engines are very similar if not identical. If you are planning to use the serpentine system, you'll need to reposition the A/C compressor to another location since it contacts the shock tower. I put mine where the smog pump was.

You'll need a new oil pan and you'll have to plug the hole in the block that the old dip-stick used. So make sure the new pan you get has a dipstick provision. The 94-95 uses a low profile timing cover so it does not have a dip-stick provision.

Since you are using a C4 which is not computer controlled, you may get away with using the computer from a T5 car, but you'll need to verify this. In fact, you might WANT a T5 computer since it does not interface with the trans at all. I am guessing here since I use a Tremec and did not have to address this issue.

If the donor engine is still in the donor car, label all your connections as you remove the harness. This will come in handy later, trust me. :) Get a shop manual for the 94 as well since you'll need the wiring diagram in the back.

You'll need to get a new radiator with the in/out swapped so it will match your late model water pump.

Don't cut up your harness until you are sure the car runs correctly. Save wrapping the harness up until you are "done". So many of the sensors share return paths so if you cut something out, you are likely to kill something else too. This is where the wiring diagrams come in handy.

You may want to take a look at the blog I did for my EFI swap.
1965 Mustang Restomod
All the above and you'll need to switch to V8 springs in the front because of the heavier motor.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts