Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put an explorer 8.8 under my 1966 mustang and everything is installed except I haven't welded the spring perches on yet. I used brand new explorer shock plates and new u bolts. The car has new mid-eye leaf springs and the tire pressures are the same on both sides. The passenger side of the car sits almost an inch higher then the drivers. Anyone have any idea why? Is this something I should be too concerned about or should I just continue putting my floors back into the car?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,628 Posts
First, I'd make sure that the frame is totally level, square, true, what have you. Remove the axle and leaf springs, put the frame on jackstands at the same height, shim the jacks if necessary to make sure the frame is level. Then measure the height of the frame rails to make sure they're both the same, and where they're supposed to be. You could have one that's tweaked, or the body isn't attached to the frame properly, or any number of issues.

Hold off on continuing reassembly until you have this figured out, since screwing up the frame rails will screw up the whole car.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
agree with paul, also check floor is level. if not then you can figure out how much and adjust when measuring.

·
Registered
787 Posts
Check the front springs as well. The drivers side front spring or shock could be weak causing the passenger rear to be higher.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts