Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Im still learning the dates and buck tags but dont have a clue about these Calif Emissions Numbers.

On the round piece that sits on ( i think) top of rear of manifold is:
C60E - 9B289C L3554

Im guessing the 289c is the engine. No clue about the L3554 I'm thinking it might all be Ford part numbers maybe?

On the outside (front) of pulley is C60E - 9B447B. Has 4 bolts that attach the pulley to pump.

on the pump itself (front;pulley side) is 5696856
CFB 1 (The CFB 1 is directly under the 5696856)

Also on front of pump "Do Not Clamp in Vise" (all caps)

and there is a circle thing. a big circle (size of dime) with a smaller circle inside it. Inside the small circle is the number 65

On back side of pump is D 1 0 56SB (these are hard to read but i think they are correct.

Thanx guys.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
The breakdown of Ford's numbers is as follows:
C5ZZ-9510-K
Prefix-C5ZZ, Basic part number-9510, Suffix-K
The Prefix- tells the year it was originally built for production, what car line, and the engineering group.
1st position- Decade
B=1950-59
C=1960-69
D=1970-79
E=1980-89
F=1990-99

2nd position- Year of decade
Tells the year the part was released for production

3rd position- Car line
A= Ford
D= Falcon
G= Comet, Montego, Cyclone
J= Marine/ Industrial
K= Edsel
M= Mercury
O= Fairlane, Torino
S= Thunderbird
T= Truck
V= Lincoln
W= Cougar
Z= Mustang

4th position- Engineering group
A= Chassis
B= Body
E= Engine
Service parts breakdown as such:
Z= Ford division
Y= Lincoln/ Mercury
X= Original Muscle Parts program
M= Ford Motorsports/ SVO

Basic part number- same number for engineering or service number. In this example 9510- the basic part number for all carburators.

Suffix- is the engineering change level.
"A" would be the original status. "B" would indicate at least one engineering change and so on.

Date codes breakdown as such: 5-year ( 1965 in this case), A- Month ( January), 26- Day (26th)
Ya might want to make a stickie of this because I'm not retyping it. I'll die before it get through it again!

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
On the outside (front) of pulley is C60E - 9B447B. Has 4 bolts that attach the pulley to pump.
That's the only one I find in the Mannel book. Its a T/E Air Pump Pulley used on cars without A/C. Note says: Used on all 1966 cars. In 1967... (there are several lines for '67 but you have a '66 and probably don't really care about those)

The same T/E pulley number except ending with a 'C' was used ONLY on '66 Mustangs and only those with A/C.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Whoa, what knowledge! Out of all that info, i only knew the basic date codes on the very bottom of your list. Thank you rodbender for taking the time to do this. I used to do the stickie thing but now - Thank someone for copy & paste. Oh and "print & save" buttons too. I do know other numbers too. Like fender numbers - one of mine is 1 29 3 & learned that's January 29th 3rd shift.

Now to check my computer files (part numbers) to see what it all means. Again, Thanx!

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
reply Ivy

That's the only one I find in the Mannel book. Its a T/E Air Pump Pulley used on cars without A/C. Note says: Used on all 1966 cars. In 1967... (there are several lines for '67 but you have a '66 and probably don't really care about those) Yes you are correct.

A good book. Now on my list to get. This is first time replying with the "quote" thing. Hope it works OK. That be something i wanted to hear, that the T/E pulley is original.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
Whoa, what knowledge! Out of all that info, i only knew the basic date codes on the very bottom of your list. Thank you rodbender for taking the time to do this. I used to do the stickie thing but now - Thank someone for copy & paste. Oh and "print & save" buttons too. I do know other numbers too. Like fender numbers - one of mine is 1 29 3 & learned that's January 29th 3rd shift.

Now to check my computer files (part numbers) to see what it all means. Again, Thanx!
No problem. Just happy to help. :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Good Service here

Yes, i am finding the helping others with the knowledge i have - gives me a smile. The first day or 2 after finding this place, i scrolled down and found so many posts that i could help people with. Them people are maybe frustrated because they dont know how to do certain things. But after you do it yourself once (or 3 times) its kinda easy. Plus you know the tricks to make it easy.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts