Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
S

·
0 Posts
Welcome to AFM Joe! Sorry for the late response here.

I'm moving this to our classic tech section to get you some help.
Mustang Tech Forum | AllFordMustangs.com

Give us some more info... what engine... is it running hot... where you under load when this started happening... any visible leaks anywhere?
Welcome to AFM... we'll get you figured out.
:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Where do I start? Smoke on startup after sitting=valve stem seals if it clears up. Constant smoke, either burning oil due to engine getting worn(oil rings). White, sweet smelling exhaust, coolant is leaking into combustion chamber due to blown head gasket. If convinced it's coolant, pull the plugs and one or more will look steam cleaned. Convinced its oil, pull plugs and look for oily deposit. Make sure your PCV is installed and working correctly. Next step would be a compression and leakdown test.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thnx 4 replyin

well tha car does not leak at all it did it yesterday. when i was driving today i took it out for a spin and no smoke i actaully used an oil to clean out the injectors so im not sure if thats what mightve caused it.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
Yes, that would cause it, it's burning carbon off the cylinders and valves.. This is need to know information for sound advice. In the future, information is key. Engine, size, year, mileage all will help with the answer's you receive.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts