Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just finished the interior, when my cat came running, and jumped into my seat and left a few little punch wholes from his claws on the front driver seat. These are my original seat and I don't want to replace, does anybody know how to fill in these holes. There really tiny wholes.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) The bottom line is that you have two options. Recover the seats or just pretend that the holes aren't there. :)

·
Registered
743 Posts
There are vinyl repair kits out there that use some sort of glue? resin? to repair the holes. There are also repair shops that can fix such a thing.

But like Veronica says, you really have two options.

Veronica is usually right, but she did forget the third:

Punish the cat.

Michael

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hi again.:) Your third option was an integral part of both of my two options, Mike. The cat would be about to have a veeeery bad day if that was my car.:gringreen

·
Registered
46,010 Posts
I'd be playing hangman or having target practice... :deadhorse:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks Guys,

I guess I will replace the seats, but for right now I 'm just going to leave as is. You have to really look to see the holes.

Besides I need to get Bench seats. I must say This forum is awesome! I am so glad that I came across it.

And yes the cat has been barred from the garage (bad husband for letting him in)

·
Registered
743 Posts
In my experience, the cat will go exactly where you don't want them to be (taking nap right where you're walking), and if/when they do screw something up, they won't give a rat's a$$ about doing so.

Are your seats in really nice shape? If they are, you may just want to leave it alone, and call in character. On the other hand, if your seats are not so great and this is a good excuse for you to redo them, then your Mustang will benefit from the fresh covers and foam. When I did my seats last year, I was shocked at how bad my seat frames were. I didn't think I'd be using the welder so much. Now, it's like brand spankin' new seats. Kinda nice :)

Let us know how we can help, and we're happy to add you to our community!

Michael

·
Registered
743 Posts
Hmmm

Another thought......

Catskin seat covers?

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
In my experience, the cat will go exactly where you don't want them to be (taking nap right where you're walking), and if/when they do screw something up, they won't give a rat's a$$ about doing so.
Michael
Hi again.:) This isn't always the case. I have a friend that has a cat, and this cat always does exactly what she tells it to. It took her a while to get it trained like that, but now it will do some amazingly complicated things when told to. She used to just look at the cat and tell it. ' Go get me a soda'. Of course, the cat did nothing. She would then whip it with a coat hanger and go get herself a soda. After a while, the cat figured it out. :gringreen Now, the cat can deal blackjack, change channels on the tv, all sorts of stuff. I wouldn't be surprised to see it start making sandwiches.:D

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm not sure about your part of the world, but there are two fabric repair companies that we deal with regularly. Fibrenew and vinyl solutions. Both offer mobile service and do spectacular work.
I have seen them repair burn holes the size of a quarter in cloth seats and you would never know it was there.
they can match the repair color, texture etc,
its worth a try

gtss

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.