This is my first thread on this great looking site so I'll try and keep it simple I've had my 1966 coupe for about 18 years now the car is mostly original it has been sitting asleep for the last 8 years of its life so I am starting to put some time into it I've done quite a bit of work to it this year got it running rebuilt the carb,tune up etc a couple of days ago I took the longest trip so far in it a 100 mile round trip and about half way through I started smelling sulfur smells stopped the car checked around couldn't find anything wrong keep driving home rechecked at home and found that the battery was very hot and venting here's my question does it sound like the voltage regulator? That is original to the car as is the alternator the the wiring seems ok the battery was replaced 6-7 months ago any help would be appreciated.
qhwn car is running need to see what the voltage is should be around 14.2 to 14.8 to be right anything more you need to check. you can take the alt. off and have it checked at local parts store. the reg. is a cheap fix if the alt checks out
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could
be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Ford Mustang Forum
A forum community dedicated to Ford Mustang owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about performance, builds, modifications, reviews, engine swaps, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more!