Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a remanufactured carb (Autoline, C806A) to replace the Holley 1940 (some parts are broken so I can't rebuild).
Photos are at: http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee82/steel3rivers/

Photo 'DSCN3092' (old carb, Holley 1940) shows the Spark Control Valve screwed in (left side). (Other photos: 'DSCN2579', 'Holley 1940 carb- generic photo')

Photo 'IMAG0226' is the remanufactured carb that I bought. (Other photos: 'IMAG0220', 'IMAG0221', 'IMAG0224', 'IMAG0231').
The hole on the left doesn't have threads. Shouldn't the Spark Control Valve be screwed in here? Isn't it required on the carb for a 66 6cyl automatic with a Load-O-Matic distributor? The Autoline carb looks like the Autolite 1100, but I guess it's not the same if the Spark Control Valve can't be used. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
How does the 68 distributor differ from the 66?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I posted the following on "that other forum.":D

I hope it helps.

Have you checked out this company (below link)? The second link is a pdf of Holley carb parts they apparently stock/sell. Go to page 19 and see if that's the tube you need. I'm running a Holley 1940 as well and I downloaded that catalog for future reference.

Walker Products, Inc.

http://www.walkerproducts.com/_pdf/holley1barrel.pdf

Also, since you're in N. VA, check out our club. We're always looking for new members!

http://www.ncrmc.org/

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
It has centrifical and vacuum advance allowing you to use the ported vacuum on that carb.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That Walker site is great. Unfortunately, in the process of rebuilding the Holley carb, I mistakenly broke the main well tube, (diagram on page 14, looks like a nail... behind #27). I don't think this can be replaced... it doesn't have a number assigned to it either.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Explorer, my distributor has centrifugal (weights) and vacuum advances. It's the original distributor from my 1966 Sprint 200.

·
Registered
547 Posts
That Walker site is great. Unfortunately, in the process of rebuilding the Holley carb, I mistakenly broke the main well tube, (diagram on page 14, looks like a nail... behind #27). I don't think this can be replaced... it doesn't have a number assigned to it either.

Are you sure that part #17-92 on page 19 isn't what you're looking for? It isn't identified as a main well tube, but it's dimensions are similar to the main well tube for the Holley 1946 (part #17-99) listed on page 31.

Anyway, you know what you need and I'm just making an guess.

Good luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
291 Posts
Explorer, my distributor has centrifugal (weights) and vacuum advances. It's the original distributor from my 1966 Sprint 200.
If your '66 had California emissions, it would have left the factory with a centrifugal and vacuum advance distributor.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
If your '66 had California emissions, it would have left the factory with a centrifugal and vacuum advance distributor.
Forgot about CA vehicles. At least you should be good to go while you figure out the Holley.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
When my car was shiny and new it had emissions. God knows where it's parts are now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts