Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought a remanufactured carb (Autoline, C806A) to replace the Holley 1940 (some parts are broken so I can't rebuild).
Photos are at: http://s228.photobucket.com/albums/ee82/steel3rivers/

Photo 'DSCN3092' (old carb, Holley 1940) shows the Spark Control Valve screwed in (left side). (Other photos: 'DSCN2579', 'Holley 1940 carb- generic photo')

Photo 'IMAG0226' is the remanufactured carb that I bought. (Other photos: 'IMAG0220', 'IMAG0221', 'IMAG0224', 'IMAG0231').
The hole on the left doesn't have threads. Shouldn't the Spark Control Valve be screwed in here? Isn't it required on the carb for a 66 6cyl automatic with a Load-O-Matic distributor? The Autoline carb looks like the Autolite 1100, but I guess it's not the same if the Spark Control Valve can't be used. Any info is appreciated.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How does the 68 distributor differ from the 66?

·
Registered
547 Posts
I posted the following on "that other forum.":D

I hope it helps.

Have you checked out this company (below link)? The second link is a pdf of Holley carb parts they apparently stock/sell. Go to page 19 and see if that's the tube you need. I'm running a Holley 1940 as well and I downloaded that catalog for future reference.

Walker Products, Inc.

http://www.walkerproducts.com/_pdf/holley1barrel.pdf

Also, since you're in N. VA, check out our club. We're always looking for new members!

http://www.ncrmc.org/

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
It has centrifical and vacuum advance allowing you to use the ported vacuum on that carb.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the info!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That Walker site is great. Unfortunately, in the process of rebuilding the Holley carb, I mistakenly broke the main well tube, (diagram on page 14, looks like a nail... behind #27). I don't think this can be replaced... it doesn't have a number assigned to it either.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Explorer, my distributor has centrifugal (weights) and vacuum advances. It's the original distributor from my 1966 Sprint 200.

·
Registered
547 Posts
That Walker site is great. Unfortunately, in the process of rebuilding the Holley carb, I mistakenly broke the main well tube, (diagram on page 14, looks like a nail... behind #27). I don't think this can be replaced... it doesn't have a number assigned to it either.

Are you sure that part #17-92 on page 19 isn't what you're looking for? It isn't identified as a main well tube, but it's dimensions are similar to the main well tube for the Holley 1946 (part #17-99) listed on page 31.

Anyway, you know what you need and I'm just making an guess.

Good luck!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
If your '66 had California emissions, it would have left the factory with a centrifugal and vacuum advance distributor.
Forgot about CA vehicles. At least you should be good to go while you figure out the Holley.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
When my car was shiny and new it had emissions. God knows where it's parts are now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts