Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of restoring this beauty and now have to make color choices. What were the factory colors for the special Pony Series in 1966?
Is it that important for resale to stay with factory colors? I'd like to paint it pearl white outside with tan convertible top and boot and tan interior. The dash and sterring columns would also need to painted. What about tan dash with white steering column.
Any advice/info. would be greatly appreciated!
Joe

·
Registered
682 Posts
jboyd4 said:
I am in the process of restoring this beauty and now have to make color choices. What were the factory colors for the special Pony Series in 1966?
Joe
:?: Special Pony series? There was no such animal. Where did you get that idea from? Anyway, the market now seems to favor modded cars. Do it right, and it could bring more $$ than a nice stocker. Pearl white and tan sounds like a nice color combo for a vert. :eyepoppin

I'm going the modified route with my '66. A built 5.0, 5spd, and power 4 wheel discs should be a nice improvement over stock, along with the 16" TTDs and blackcherry paint :D
HTH

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
!966 Mustang Convertable

I was told that there were very few Ponie series convertibles with the 289, auto and factory air made in 1966 on this very site. Am I wrong??

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:)I believe that you are talking about the Interior Decor Group, or deluxe interior, which is called the pony interior because of the horses on the seats.If that is correct,then yes it is sort of rare.They built many times more cars with standard interiors than with pony, the obvious reason for that being the standard interior was standard and the pony interior would cost the buyer more money.I would have to disagree with 5.0ina66's assessment of the market.If the car was originally a 6cyl car, then yes, there isn't anything that you could do to hurt the value of the car other than wreck it or leave it in a field until it gets rusty, but if it is a C,A or K code (5th digit of the vin)it will bring more as original.Especially if it's an A or K code.Ford had a pony interior available in 66 that was what they called emberglo and parchment that is just beautiful.Here's a couple of pictures of it.The car is sahara beige.Hope that helps.:)

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.