Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Team,

New member here with my second question. Pardon me if this has been answered before.

Veronica was very kind to provide me with a build date of 16 April 1966 for my car. However, upon further investigation, I discovered that this was a Saturday. Does that make sense, or should I back up to the previous Thursday or Friday? (of course, I'd like to believe that it was Thursday because who knows how the shift workers felt about their "attention to detail" on a Friday?)

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
4,966 Posts
Yes, that is very possible

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Indeed, 16 Apr 1966 was a Saturday. Ford couldn't build them fast enough back then so I don't doubt that they were working 6 days a week and probably 3 shifts a day.

The build date was when Ford EXPECTED to build the car. I reality, it may have been a few days before or after that date. If a problem was found for any particular car it would be pulled out of the production line, whatever problem it was solved, and then reintroduced into the line on a later day. That explains the double-dated chalk markings found on many of the chassis including one of mine.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Beechkid & Ivy66GT (& Veronica, of course), I'll go with the Saturday build date then.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts