Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If anyone can lead me in the right direction I would really appreciate it. I have a 1966 coupe with a 200cid. I am putting clifford headers on it with a weber 38 2bbl. I am looking for a cold air intake that will fit on my I6, I was one in a mustang magazine about a month ago. It was made by K&N but when I go to the K&N site, it doesn't list one that will fit my car. Any help would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
2,747 Posts
Anything K&N is going to be HORRIBLY overpriced for what you get. I would personally make my own if I was running a vintage car like yours. You could do it easily and it would look far more period correct. Get some GOOD flexible drier ducting, metal if possible, and make a ram air type setup.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Look at Spectre. They offer several ways to fab a cold air intake. I have moved my battery to the trunk and plan to add a plenum at the carb then route the tube to where the battery was. Then I can build a box that open to the grill and add an air cleaner.

·
Registered
895 Posts
Don't use the dryer ducting...it looks like you went to home depot... head out to the local car swapmeet and pick up a few used CIA for a few bucks fab it up, then take it all off and paint it. I have done this a few times and it looks nice I will see if I can dig up some pics.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.