Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys I really need as much info as possible on this one. I just finished up putting a new 8" rear end and leaf springs in my 66 coupe. I am doing a disc brake conversion up front and now that I am changing out the spindles and I have the car dismantled this much, I'm starting to think that I should upgrade the front suspension too. The problem is that I didn't budget the front suspension into everything so I need a pretty affordable kit. Can anybody point me in the right dirrection and/or suggest the parts I should definitely change right now. I know Global West has a good kit, it's just so expensive.

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Replace the worn parts. go with stock for now. typical stuff like ball joints and sway bar bushings can be bought by the piece at the parts stores and are pretty cheap

·
Registered
527 Posts
The good thing is, that stuff is pretty cheap. On Mustangs Unlimited - The Premier Source for Mustang, Shelby and Cougar Parts and Accessories you can get whole upper and lower control arms, or you can just get the ball joints to bolt on. By the time you factor in your time, it may be cheaper to just buy the whole thing. The stock ones can handle the power you are putting to it. I like the 1" drop springs. They cost the same as stock springs. Under 100 bucks. You also want roller spring perches. KYB shocks are more stiff, and Edelbrock shocks are a little less stiff. Just depends on what ride you want. It would be well worth it to do it now while you already have the stuff apart.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
front suspension

Can I use the monte carlo bar if I'm planning on have A/C in the car? I thought that I read somewhere that I couldn't use one if I had A/C.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Good shocks, 1" or 1 1/8" front sway bar, export brace and monte carlo bar: go with straight bar because the curved one is close to useless. Rebuild the front with stock pieces and match your front coil spring rate to somewhere close to the type of leaf springs you put on the back.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts