Ford Mustang Forum banner
41 - 49 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
The "Boss 429" scoop previously pictured in this thread evidently was an aftermarket "look a like." It is hideous looking because it was made too large. Attached are pics of a Boss 429 scoop that I bought from Mustangs Unlimited installed on my 67 coupe. It is not the smaller Cougar Eliminator scoop. This scoop worked Ok for me as I have a Dominator carb which is taller than a regular Holley 4150 double pumper. I have a breather with a base that is dropped way down, and still the filter is up inside of the scoop. If it weren't for this scoop, I probably would have had to use some type of fiberglass cowl hood.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
that car looks nasty as hell man! Scoop looks ok on the pro street look.

·
Registered
99 Posts
that car looks nasty as hell man! Scoop looks ok on the pro street look.
Thanks Pig. Hey, I'm liking your Avatar also, but do you think you could revise it slightly by turning a little more to your right, so we could be looking straight down the barrel? :bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
The scoop you like is not from a 67 Cougar but a 69-70 Cougar Eliminator. Looks much better imo. Good choice.

·
Registered
612 Posts
Hi,

Pig not to step on your toes even though Lizer would:yup:
I found a scoop on e-bay but don't know how to let you see it and to get your thought's ( don't go there Lizer )
It's start price is $140 and its for a 1969-70 Mach 1 Hood Scoop
Or anyone for help that see's this.

Thanks take care,

Dion

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hi,

Pig not to step on your toes even though Lizer would:yup:
I found a scoop on e-bay but don't know how to let you see it and to get your thought's ( don't go there Lizer )
It's start price is $140 and its for a 1969-70 Mach 1 Hood Scoop
Or anyone for help that see's this.

Thanks take care,

Dion
I believe Sick467 has one of those on his 67 coupe. Check out his pics it looks good, if it is the same one your seeing on the bay.

Lizer is busy making moose track ice cream with his new blender attachment.

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
I just put moose tracks all over Pig's face the other day.

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Hey Dion, this ad?

1969-70 Mach 1 Hood Scoop | eBay

140 seems a bit steep to me, but those scoops fluctuate in price regularly. If this one is an original 69/70 scoop it should have the holes for the turn signal indicators in the back of it. You can't tell from the pics. Something else to watch out for are the mounting holes. The scoops are fiberglass and the mounting holes are tapped. If they are stripped, they are a buggar to repair. Not impossible, but tricky. Sometimes you may end up cracking the scoop by trying to fill, re-drill, and tap new mounting holes.

Here's one that is complete...

1969-70 FORD MUSTANG MACH 1 ORIGINAL HOOD SCOOP W/ TURN SIGNALS | eBay

And here is a new repro...

1969-70 Mustang Mach 1 Hood Scoop | eBay

·
Registered
6,278 Posts
Noel you can also get Dynacorn reproductions through CJ pony, just fyi.

41 - 49 of 49 Posts