Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I might have the option of buying a 1966 Mustang Coupe for $1000, first is it worth it? I was told its in really good shape, but i haven't seen any pictures. It would run but needs a starter and little stuff like that. Its been garaged for a long time. The one problem is that the guy doesn't have a title for it. (in GA you dont need one to register cars older than 86) But is that a big deal to someone if i were going to try to resell it for more than $1000. Would that make it a parts car? Hopefully someone can get me some information Thanks!:nogrinner

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) :welcome It would be very difficult to say without a little more information, like what motor the car came with originally. The fifth digit of the vin will tell you that. If it's 'T' the car is a six cylinder, 'C' is a 289 2bbl, "A' is a 289 4bbl and 'K' is the 271 hp high performance 289 4bbl. Also, 'really good shape' means different things to different people.:gringreen You would need to look at the car to see how much rust damage the car has sustained. But, if the doors don't have speaker holes cut into them and don't have any rust, the front fenders, hood and trunk lid are ok those things would probably ebay for more than a grand all together. Hope that helps,:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
title a problem?

Thanks, and Assuming that the car is in good shape, How much would not having a title damage the value?

·
Super Moderator
40,071 Posts
welcome to the site,enjoy!!!! you should be able to get a title without a lot of trouble.

·
Registered
117 Posts
If it is only $1000 then there should be no question in your mind whether it is worth it or not. I bought my '67 for $1500 and the frame rails are rusted. It's a classic car, finding one for under $5000 is a steal especially if it is in good shape. The title, you can just get one from your DMV.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
If your state don't need a title don't worry about one.If your going to sell it to someone out of your state you'll need a title then.Price of the car depends on what it has or came with and how rusted it is.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it is only $1000 then there should be no question in your mind whether it is worth it or not.
There isnt much, but i wanted to check with some people that know more about the car than i do. Thanks I should be gettin the VIN and some pics today so ill post them when i do

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I found the VIN!

My wife went an looked at the Mustang, VIN 7F01C116228 (apparently a 67) no She said its got some rust on the A-pillars (small holes), It had a vinyl top thats gone and the roof is rusted a bit. The driver side floor pan is rusted out, over all the car is in decent shape, ran a year ago and has been sitting since. Its originally a maroon color (maroon interior too) anyone know about this?

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
My wife went an looked at the Mustang, VIN 7F01C116228 (apparently a 67) no She said its got some rust on the A-pillars (small holes), It had a vinyl top thats gone and the roof is rusted a bit. The driver side floor pan is rusted out, over all the car is in decent shape, ran a year ago and has been sitting since. Its originally a maroon color (maroon interior too) anyone know about this?
There were 1,226 Vintage Burgandy (code X) coupes with red interior (code 2D) in 1967.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.