Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own a 1966 Mustang and my father and I have done quite a bit of work on it. I konw that it is a very common problem for these mustangs to need cowl work because it usually rusts out. Well, the same goes for my Mustang. I have been researching it for quite some times and I want to fix it. I'm 18 and I'm not sure if I can do it. I know it's a big job. I know the windshield and the fenders and the hood and some other stuff need to be removed before removing the top part of the cowl. I was going to buy the upper and lower part of the cowl from NPD and install those. Can anyone please help me learn more about this job and advise me on what to do. Any links that explain what to do that I might not know of? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
1,490 Posts
I "tin canned" my cowls ends that are out of sight under the fenders to inspect the hats. Luckily they were in good shape and I was able to paint rust ecapsulator (eastwood) and seam seal all the joints. Here are pictures and a write up: Cowl Repair

The above videos are also a good option to a full cowl replacement if the metal is not to far gone.

Here is another method I was going to use if the hats need to be replaced: Boyd's Mustang: Cowl repair

Good Luck and BE Safe
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.