Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am getting finished installing a ford 8" rear end into my 1966 coupe, that used to have a 6cyl. rear end. Can I use the same driveshaft with the 8" rearend or do I need to buy a new one?

·
Registered
494 Posts
You will have to measure the old driveshaft and then with the car sitting on the ground measure the distance from the ubolts on the rear end to the tail shaft of the transmission and see if it is the same as the measurement at the same place on the old driveshaft. If you need more information, go to www.MustangsPlus.com and they have a form they will fax to you to determine the exact length of the driveshaft should you need to order one.

·
Registered
471 Posts
The 6 cyl drive shaft from a 1966 C4 auto trans will work. The shaft from a manual 66 is different and will not, smaller u joints.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1966 coupe driveshaft

Hey Raghead, where do you buy your performance parts for your I6? which one do you have, 200,170,250? what kind of power are you getting and what are some affordable mods that you recommend? i have been dealing with a guy named Dave over at Cliffords performance and I was thinking about buying their headers, weber 38, 2 bbl carb. and their x pipe for dual exhaust. what do you think?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts