Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so I have a 1966 mustang coupe that has 4 wheel drums and no power brakes. I have decided to do a dual bowl conversion as I am going to be driving this car everyday through town and down the interstate. I ordered a master cylinder from a 67 mustang and from what i understand and have researched it will work. I know to modify the lines, and to use the 66 pushrod, i also figured out how to remove the pushrod. HOWEVER, i cannot find the correct fittings to adapt the master cylinder to my old break lines. Can someone please shed some light on this. I have been all over town this morning and NOBODY has the right fittings to go into the master cylinder. I am completely lost now... :weeps

·
Registered
465 Posts
if you need to go from 7/16-24 to 3/8-24 the # is 7818 from napa.you need to know the thread size in the master cylinder,the lines on the distribution block are 3/8-24

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Yes, most parts stores carry an assortment of short brake lines. Some of them have different fittings on each end. I found what I needed at the local parts store. Trying to find an adapter fitting would be harder...

·
Registered
471 Posts
I found my fitting at my local hardware/tractor supply store. Couldn't find them at the auto part store. I always check my local hardware/tractor supply store for any type of fitting first :bigthumbsup.

·
Registered
220 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well i found out that the master cylinder had metric threads in it... ok? haha but retured it for a new one... bench bleed the cylinder and installed it! now the pedal is stronger than ever and i havent even bleed the lines on out. Still almost 3/4 way to floor... so i know there is air in the lines

1 - 5 of 5 Posts