Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am newbie to this site and I think I might asked a question on the wrong forum. I just picked up this 1966 mustang coupe a few day ago it has been in a barn for more then 20 years,We got it home and started it up with no problem,then we seen that the fuel,oil,amp,and temp guages do not work. From what I read on this forum I think my ( Instrument Cluster Voltage Regulator) might be bad or not have any power to it from the ignition switch.What is your guess?? Where is the ICVR and what does it look like :headscratch:

Thanks for looking
BigBob

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
It is mounted on the back of the instrument cluster next to the speedometer cable.
You can make a solid state one for 5 bucks from RadioShack parts that wont die. I went through 2 of them before I built my own.
Here is how I did it:
http://chris66dad.tripod.com/id29.html

Good Luck and Be Safe
Ron

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Ron

Cool Thanks Ron
Is it easier to drop the dash out then working under it?? :scratchchin
Thank You again
BigBob

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Cool Thanks Ron
Is it easier to drop the dash out then working under it?? :scratchchin
Thank You again
BigBob
Just the gauge cluster.
First: DISCONNECT YOUR BATTERY!!!!
2 screws on top and 3 (4?) on the bottom on the instrument cluster. Pull the cluster out a few inches and unscrew the speedo cable. It will then lay face down on the steering column. Regulator has 1 screw hoding it in place.
Good time to replace instrument lights if they are bad (5x LED will be bright!)
And if you do that be sure to paint the needles with fluorescent paint.
You can see how my small projects snowball...:gringreen

Good Luck and Be Safe
Ron

Thanks Calponycarsmike. Everybody needs to help each other out and it is a small payback for all the help I have received

1 - 8 of 8 Posts