Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I just sorted out my faulty taillight wiring and all the lights finally work, but the turn signals blinks really fast. Is this normal for these cars? Could the turn signal flasher be bad. Any info/help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Either the blinker is bad, you have an incorrect one, or you have a partial short in your wiring. The blinker is a thermal switch, which heats and cools to turn on and off. A high-resistance short would cause too much current to flow through it and heat it up too fast.

·
Registered
8 Posts
im having a similar problem with my taillights. Well, my break lights work just fine but it seems i have to manually go up and down for my turn signal to work. Is this how they are? it cant be.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
im having a similar problem with my taillights. Well, my break lights work just fine but it seems i have to manually go up and down for my turn signal to work. Is this how they are? it cant be.
Hello. :) If, when you hit the turn signal switch, the appropriate lights come on, but don't flash, you need to replace the flasher. :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
I could really use any input you might have on your previous tail light trouble. I am about to be forced to rewire again. Any advice would be great. My trouble is turn signals and front parking lights, and rear when I pull the switch for parking lights only. Thanks in advance !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.