1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
255 Posts
I would say it's certainly possible for the incremental counter portion of your vin to be very close to that of a '66. In fact I would say that there is, likely a '66 out there with your exact same incremental counter because, if I remember correctly, the incremental counter started again at 100001 when the '66 model year started being produced. You could potentially have an identical vin to a '66 with the exception of the first digit being a 6 instead of a 5.

Also, that vin plate on the fender really worries me. That's not at all legal, despite how nice it looks. They are covering up the actual vin of the car. They could put ANYTHING THEY WANTED on there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I agree, it looks like the tag on the apron is put there to cover the real vin # and the reporduction door tag adds questions as to whether or not it is really an A code or something else.
Jack

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
I think they are full of it. And even if it did leave the factory as a GT, it certainly isn't worth the money of one now. They put a 302 and a T-5 going in, so there is no evidence that it was a real GT.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks All ! It appears that it's scheduled build date is Jan 18 1966. I wonder if this is accurate based on the numerical order of the vin ?

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello. :) For almost any 65 Mustang, there will be a 66 Mustang with the same plant code and sequential number, with the exception of the 65 Dearborn cars with a sequential number higher than about 740,000. And, the VIN of that car in the ad is not really consistent with the scheduled production date. It should be more like November 4th or 5th. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.