Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can someone please help me put my interior back together. The pait shop had not worked on a fastbck or any mustang before so they are not sure on the interior even though they pulled everything out. (idiots). Now I dont want to chance anything going wrong and since they dont know, I am as good a chance in doing it myself. But need help.

Have all parts, just need diagrams and the order on how they go back. The car now is totally bare without carpets, headliner, seats, fold downs etc.

All info on the web is for coupes, can not find any intrior restorations guides for fastbacks. Does anyone know of any?

Where should I start? Being in sydneyaustralia, its tough cause all the expert here are either retiring and the rest has got me to this stage.

Please help.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Get a copy of the 1966 Body, Interior and Electrical Assembly Manuals by Jim Osborne Productions. It is available from most major Mustang parts supply vendors. It is invaluable for even the regular restorer who forgets where and how certain parts go back on the car.

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) :welcome: First, the headliner. Then the carpet. Then the rear trim panels, starting at the bottom and going up, with the molding going around the middle being the last thing to go on. Then the two front pieces of the fold-down seat. The ones that are held to each other with that piano hinge. Then the rear piece of the fold down stuff. The one that's got carpet on it and is kind of curvy towards the back. Then the trap door. Then the lower part of the back seat. Then the front buckets, dash pad, door panels, etc... Hope that helps.:)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
66 fastback intrior trim

thanks guys, you have been very helpful. Looks like its my next project. G'day from down under.

·
Registered
3,166 Posts
I can't express enough that the body and interior assembly manuals are the way to go. Without the excellent diagrams in them, I would have had a much more difficult time assembling my car.

Most Mustang vendors offer them for around $16.00 US. The books offered for 1966 are the ones for Body, Electrical, Interior and Engine. These books are reprints of the original factory manuals and I assure you that the fastback information that you are seeking is in them.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Emal,
Just a word of warning. I made this mistake once so I tell everyone so they don't have to enjoy the experience.

Before you install (or have someone else install) the headliner, put in the screws (or other fasteners) of your Dome light, mirror, visor mounts, and coat hooks. That is so you can FIND them again after the headliner is in place. Otherwise, that easter egg hunt will get expensive when you stab a hole ALMOST right.

Steve

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.