Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys im new here and I have always been a Mustang fan and I have always wanted to buy one. I found one on ebay thats cheap and is a project like I would be looking for but I am not sure if it would be a good project car. It is just a shell as there is virtually no parts on it. I wanted to see if anyone on here would be able to tell me if this car looks like a good restoration project or not, as I am not sure what to look fro when looking at restoration projects.
1966 FORD MUSTANG CP: eBay Motors (item 200483262667 end time Jun-16-10 17:15:49 PDT)

Thanks for any help guys

· Registered
583 Posts
This one would entirely depend on your skill level. It has a TON of rust, and the front core support is missing. It'll need a complete new floor and probably both rocker panels. There aren't any pics of the trunk, but that's probably rusted out too. If you look at the third pic through the back window, you can see another blue mustang. This one was probably the parts car for that blue one. If you attempted it, since the car is basically being given away, in the end you'd still have a salvage title on the car.

As much as I hate to see this stang go to the crusher, I'd probably pass on it.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for your input. I knew this car looked rough, but I saw the price and I wondered if it could be a decent project. I have always been a huge fan of the mustangs especially the early year Mustangs and I have always wanted to buy one to restore, but I can't go out and spend several thousand dollars for a good Mustang body .

G

·
Honestly that way too much work man theres a huge hole in the floor board every thing is rusted out. id try and find somethin a little less rough thats not going to require so much time and money as that shell would good luck im sure there are better options out there especially for your first resto

· Registered
6,286 Posts
Thank you for your input. I knew this car looked rough, but I saw the price and I wondered if it could be a decent project. I have always been a huge fan of the mustangs especially the early year Mustangs and I have always wanted to buy one to restore, but I can't go out and spend several thousand dollars for a good Mustang body .
if you want to restore a mustang, period, it's going to cost you thousands of dollars. And if you buy a body in this shape it's going to cost you many many thousands of dollars getting it repaired...much more than buying a decent body from the start.

Pass on this one.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
if you want to restore a mustang, period, it's going to cost you thousands of dollars. And if you buy a body in this shape it's going to cost you many many thousands of dollars getting it repaired...much more than buying a decent body from the start.

Pass on this one.
Well the thing with me is that I am rather young and I don't have a great budget right now so I was thinking about buying a cheaper body that I could do some body work on and then when I started to get a bigger budget I could worry about the rest of the car.

· Registered
5,981 Posts
With the floor that bad i can guess the cowl is probably rusted out too.Yeah pass on it there is a lot more work there then you think.And never buy any car with out looking at it in person first pictures can lie.

· Registered
6,286 Posts
Well the thing with me is that I am rather young and I don't have a great budget right now so I was thinking about buying a cheaper body that I could do some body work on and then when I started to get a bigger budget I could worry about the rest of the car.
I understand your situation. What I'm trying to tell you is the body work you're looking at for this car would be prohibitively expensive. It would actually be cheaper for you to buy a car that doesn't require this extensive amount of body work. This would be a very expensive car to restore any way you look at it.

With the rust that bad, you're going to have rot all over the car. You need good metal to weld metal to, and that car doesn't look to have a whole lot of good metal anywhere.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.