Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i bought my new headliner and im waiting fro a nice hot dry day to install it but are there any other pointers you guys know off should i remove all the seats ?

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
You may want to remove the rear seat

You may want to remove the rear seat to get the package tray off the rear - the front seats won't really get in the way.

I don't see how you can do it without removing the glass like Andrew said earlier.

I always use a piece of wire and tighten the front bow to a hole in the windshield frame to pull everything tight. ( I will see if I have pics to show you)

The rear pillars are the hard part to get right - just pull for a while, and when you get frustrated, walk away for a while.

I installed the headliner on my '66 coupe in the winter using a heat gun - $9.99 at harbor freight.

Check out this article -
1966 Ford Mustang Hardtop Headliner Install - Project Build - Mustang Monthly Magazine

·
Registered
5,979 Posts
Well you have to remove the glass the head liner tucks up in the channel where the gaskets for the glass sits.Id wait tell a nice hot day spread out the head liner on the drive way and let the sun warn it up.A heat gun works too just don't burn it.Only tip i can give you is the support rods number then if you mix them up its a real mother to get in there right.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
One other thing........

This is also a good time to add a '67 dome light if you want one.

I would also add some heat insulation or sound deadener in the roof while you have the headliner out.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.