Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am installing A/C and I am running the heater hoses, but forgot which one is what.. I have the 200ci line 6 1966 mustang. Is the water pump on the drivers side of the engine and intake on the passenger side? I can not find anything to help me :/ Please help if you can! I know I sound stupid for this, but im learning!

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
follow your radiator hoses...and there's your water pump

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I am putting air conditioning, there are two radiator hoses and neither are connected since I am putting in A/C there is nothing left on my car while this project is being done..

·
Registered
6,279 Posts
Well the intake is going to be sitting on top of the engine. It's going to have a water neck bolted to it leaning to the pass side and this is where the upper rad hose connects. The water pump is bolted to the front of the engine and will have an inlet on the drivers side. This is the bottom rad hose.

Does that help?

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
0 Posts
Hello;

The intake manifold is on the passenger side of the engine just below the valve cover.

The valve cover is on the very top of your engine.

The water pump is in front.

The large hose fitting on the water pump points semi downward and connects to the bottom of the radiator.

Your upper radiator fitting connects to a large hose fitting bolted to the front of your engine just below the valve cover.

Below is a blow up diagram of the routing for the heater hoses.

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts