Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well got the motor and trans out today.just pulled them out together.now i have a complete original date code 289 with nothin to do with it any suggestions.now gonna clean up the engine bay and repaint. gonna replace the front susp. and steering system while the motor is out. much easier that way. also the entire interior is gutted and already started redoing the floor.i would be alot farther along but i live in houston and its been in the high 90s too damn hot out.ill take some pics tomorrow.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Rebuild it with a set of 302 heads and slap it back in.
no cant do that.im a power freak. and i cant shoe horn a big block in it without cutting everything to shreads so i got a all forged 421 stroker shortblock on the way based off a 351w:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
520 Posts
Crap id say you are!:bigthumbsup So you probably want over 500 horsepower right? Wish i had the cash for that.

·
Registered
644 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Crap id say you are!:bigthumbsup So you probably want over 500 horsepower right? Wish i had the cash for that.
ya im lookin for the 500 range it really aint that expensive ill probably have around 6000 grand in the motor the trans will be pricey since i want a aod that will handle that power

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.