Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,
I am looking at swapping my l6 to a v8 right now, but I dont have the finances to do it all at once since I am only 17:sadcry:
My question is can someone give me a list of what all I need to change to get to be able to drop a v8 in there?
Also can i get the v8 parts slowly, 1 at a time and add them on or do i need to just get all the parts and then put them all on when I'm ready?
I have someone giving me a rear end (not sure if complete, broken, new or made of gold :p) and he is also giving me his spare engine... the guy giving them to me is the guy that had the car before me but i bought the car a year ago and he just wants rid of them so they are free.
If I could get any advice on what to buy first what to do last, what to put on now, what to wait with; I'd appreciate it!!
Thanks !!

Also how can i convert 4 lug to 5 lug easily and the cheapest, most effective way possible (still reliable)

·
Registered
1,127 Posts
There are many issues to cover when converting a I-6 to V-8 including upgraded brakes, suspension all the way around, cooling system, spindles and axles. This site is easily searched and will give you tons of additional info on the swap. Good luck!

·
Registered
1,894 Posts
CBowman, here you go ! '65 -'66 I6 to V8 swap in writing

Attachments

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
This comes up every other day. All the I6's are gonna be gone :'(

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
You have any I6..best option to get the most pony's out of it? I am all for the I6, it's unique and original, I just want more horsepower.
So far I've done header and electronic ignition. But yeah look at that website.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts