Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When it rains, it leaks water down the sides by the kick panels (I had to avoid buying kick panel speakers because the water would ruin them) and it soaks my inside. I have the cover over the vent on the hood. What would be a fix ? Could it be a windshield leak? Or still the fresh air vents? Somewhere on the fenders rusted? What could this possibly be? :/ im sick of going swimming in my car when it rains!

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Yes, you can get water down the sides from a leaky windshield gasket. Fenders have little to do with it, maybe nothing, but the cowl is often rusted out. The vents simply stick up above the cowl metal in front of the windshield. You will need to do so looking to see where your leak is coming from.

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
There can be all sorts of rust on the ends of the cowl box under the fenders. There are several low spots that can collect water and promote rust. The factory rubber plugs on ends of the cowl get hard and can let water in also.

Get a good light and mirror and crawl under the dash and look for water stains and holes. May have to have someone spray water on each side while you look.

My car was really bad because it sat outside for about 6 years in the Florida summer rains. The more rust and bad metal I took off the worse it got.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts