Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm so happy. I got a set of Bfg's for almost free. They are 275/50-15's.
I was running 235's on the rear. Now I have these monsters on the rear. The back of the car looks so mean.:D

·
Registered
41,825 Posts
Well how about some pics of it. I bet it looks good.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm trying but keep getting upload errors. I just changed my sig pic, maybe You can see it there.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Do they stick out 3 inches from the fender? Id like to see what those fat hides would look like on a classic stang.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The wheels are 15x8 with 4.5 backspace. No the tires dont stick out they are tucked up in the finder wells just fine. If you look at the photo off to the left, that is the passenger tire.

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Post some pics of the tire and fender lip. It does not hit on a bump?
I am running 16x8 rims and 225 VR50 tires on the 66 and it is close to the lip. I dont think I would be able to run tires that wide without problems

Good Luck
Ron
Christophers 66 Mustang Restoration and Modification

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The car is stored @ the wives grandmothers house. I will get some pics this weekend. We only have a 1 car garage and the wife gets it. Lame I know. Hopefully I will get the exhaust put on this summer and be able to drive it. I've had it for 3 years now and its been off the road since 1997.

·
Registered
539 Posts
I went to a local car cruise last night and there was a 65-66 Mustang that had 275/60/15 on the rears on Centerline Rims and they were hanging out a good 2-3 iches past the fender. Don't know what the back space on the wheels were. Not sure how good you can make it out in this video they shot at the cruise?
I think that is way to big a tire for that year Mustang unless it's been mini tubbed.

http://www.wfsb.com/video/19718519/index.html

·
Registered
520 Posts
What are the backspacing on your wheels? can you post pics of it from different angles?

·
Registered
520 Posts
What happened to last weekend...:rolleyes: Oops, didnt notice you mentioned the Backspacing before.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sorry FordgtMan. I know I would take some last weekend. Just the normal life stuff got in the way. You know wife and three kids. Things like that:so

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.