Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all.

I am a total rookie to mustangs and i need help identifying this in the engine room. Ive looked on ebay for mustangs from this year and none of them have this thingy that is in my mustang. Ive attached a zip file with 7 pics of this phenomena. The pic nr. 7 is where the hose leads to under the bumper. There is some writing on the box and it says :
"U.S. Patent No.
3.614.982"

The reason why i am asking for help is that there is a mark on the box that says "Full" and another one that says "Add" and the liquid that is in this box is well below the "Add" mark and i have no idea what to put in it.

Thanks in advance,
Hogni the Icelander

Attachments

·
Registered
9,198 Posts
Hello.:) That is an overflow bottle for the radiator. If that hose on it is still hooked to the radiator, then you would put coolant in it. Hope tht helps.:)

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your quick reply Veronica.

I have no idea what coolant is avalible or what i should put in that box. Is there any special coolant i should put in ? are there many different types of coolant ?

Regards,
Hognir

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
I don't know a technical name for it but your car would use the traditional green antifreeze, not the newer red that today's cars use.

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
Yeah thats a cheap auto zone overflow reason they added it was the car didn't have a over flow when the coolant system got hot if there was too much coolant it would just dump it on the ground with a hose.Also something else in that picture the other plastic tank be hide it is a newer wind washer tank 64-68 used a bag with FoMoCo on it.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
wow .. you just said a whole lot of things that i do not come near to understanding ... whats FoMoCo ?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.