Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Veronica, all the Ford engines were blue except for 1965 (except for the actual block on 64.5s). More specifically, it was a dark blue. Duplicolor sell it as Ford Dark Blue. Or if you want to go completely one-off, you could paint it Ford Green.:D

·
Registered
112 Posts
Veronica, all the Ford engines were blue except for 1965 (except for the actual block on 64.5s). More specifically, it was a dark blue. Duplicolor sell it as Ford Dark Blue. Or if you want to go completely one-off, you could paint it Ford Green.:D
What color were the 65's?

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Ok, here is how the engines were painted.

1964.5-- 170-I know the valve cover and air cleaner were red, I am not sure about the block, head, and oil pan; 260-black block & heads, light blue valve covers, oil pan & air cleaner; 289-Black block, heads, and oil pan, gold valve covers & air cleaner.

1965-- 170-Same as above; 200-All dark blue; 289 2V-Black block, heads, and oil pan, gold valve covers & air cleaner; 289 4V- Blak block, heads, and oil pan, gold valve covers, and air cleaner base ONLY (4V was the Hi-Po with the open element chrome lid air cleaner)

1966-- 200-All dark blue; 289 2V-All dark blue; 289 4V-All dark blue, but with air cleaner base in blue. (Again Hi-Po with chrome open element air cleaner.)

Just to let you know, the 2V or 4V denotes the # of carb barrels, i.e. 2 barrel or 4 barrel. A capital V stands for carb barrels, and a lower case v is # of valves.

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hi again. :) The 65 model 200s had a black block and that funky looking reddish orange valve cover and breather. The 260s had, along with the light blue breather like 66Sprint200 said, a black snorkel. All of this is available in the MCA Judging Rules book. But, starting in 66, the whole assembly was Corporate Blue, and that ran through the end of the 70 model year. After that, I don't really know. :)

·
Registered
895 Posts

The old Ford Y Blocks were a redish orange IN THE 50'S

·
Registered
9,200 Posts
Hi again. :) 31 was the last year for green motors on Fords. That's how the 4 cyl Model A motors are supposed to be. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts