Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone repaired a broken push button on a classic radio? I have an original 6TPZ Philco radio that has the middle push button broken off. Or does anyone know where I can find a single push button or the push button assembly?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
:smilie Welcome to AFM

Check out this site and see if you can get any help from any of these people. This is the California Historical Radio Society. Good Luck. :bigthumbsup

CHRS Repair List

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So I pulled out the broken push button. It is just a push on plastic part. Anyone out there have an old non-working radio that they want to pull one of the push buttons off??

·
Registered
288 Posts
The issue with getting good buttons off of a radio is that they are secured so well that getting them off often will involve breaking them-

I have heard that putting the buttons in boiling water will help get them off, though have never tried it. Of course, to do that, you would have to dis-assemble a donor radio to just submerge the buttons, not all that hard to do.

To find a donor radio, ebay always has a bunch, find one that is "not working", you can get that cheap, or as the previous poster said, a swap meet is always a place to find a radio on the cheap.

If there is any better way to remove buttons, I would like to know myself-I havent run across a way in three years of looking for that answer.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All I did to remove the broken button was to grab it with a pair of pliers and pull. They look like they just push on the metal tab...

Anyway - still haven't been able to locate a replacement button...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts