Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I just had the love of my life fall into my lap a couple of months ago. Never thought I'd be lucky enough to drive a car like this, let alone own one (and for a screaming price) She's a 1966 Mustang coupe,(her name is Shelby) though shes not one.
I really love this car and I'm starting to learn quite a bit about her. I know I'm young but I love classic cars, (I think I was born in the wrong era!) Shes not perfect, needs some body work, my crowl vents are leaking into the interior, and I get a really strong smell, either gas or exhaust inside the car when I drive her.(I'm starting to think that my heart isn't racing just cause this is my dream car!! LOL)
This car has been sitting for a while, I've already replaced the transmission. Put a edlebrock carb on for now until I can clean up the original. And I'm looking to put in power stering and reinforcing the back seat just in case of any rear- enders.
This is my first car, and I have no plans to ever let her go, If anyone one's got any advice or questions I'd love to hear it!

Sincerely Nicky*

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks
I've doing so much research from this site and all the info I've read so far been usefull, so I thought it would be a great idea to join.
I'm in it for the long haul!

· Registered
33,356 Posts
Thanks for joining the site today.

· Registered
83 Posts
I had some similar gas odor issues in my 66 vert, and I had to rebuild the mighty 1-barrel carb on my 200 cu. in. power plant. The carb was leaking enough gas to pool up on the engine below. lucky i didn't have a fire. I also had some gas leaking in the trunk when I filled the tank at the top of the tank. replaced the tank and the smell went away. You should not be smelling these odors. Its a sign something isn't right so check it out for your own safety and buy a fire extinguisher to keep in your car. good luck.:bigthumbsup

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.