Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I'm trying to make my car alot more secure because its my daily driver to school and work and I leave it outside at work for 5 hours at a time. (with a wheel lock and a cover... of course) BUT I cannot always have one eye on the car so I was reading that a kill switch would be the best way to go for right now.

And it would be great for someone to help me out on how to make one that I can conceal within the car.

Thank you in advance!

Namath

·
Registered
47 Posts
Here's an old trick that I've seen a couple of people suggest but it's pretty easy to do. Disconnect the wire to your cig lighter and then run a wire from the neg side of the coil to it. The car won't start as long as the cig lighter is pushed in. I already had an old tach in my car which is wired to the coil so I just spliced into that.

HTH

·
Registered
1,491 Posts
Find the wire that comes off the key and provides voltage to the coil. Install a SPST switch under the dash.
But remember, it is easy with a little time under the hood and and a couple of clip leads to have the car started without a key.

Good Luck and BE Safe
Ron

·
Registered
1,976 Posts

·
Registered
5,978 Posts
And make sure your insurance says cost to replace not what they say its worth.If the worse happens your covered not low balled by the insurance.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts