Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just recently replaced my front suspension and now have the car back together except for the strut rods. The mounting holes on the strut rods lie about half an inch towards the rear of the car beyond the mounting holes on the LCA. I can't seem to force the holes to line up. Are there any special instructions I need to follow to be able to mount these things?

·
Registered
2,394 Posts
I just recently replaced my front suspension and now have the car back together except for the strut rods. The mounting holes on the strut rods lie about half an inch towards the rear of the car beyond the mounting holes on the LCA. I can't seem to force the holes to line up. Are there any special instructions I need to follow to be able to mount these things?
Hi,
OK, assuming your have all of the correct parts for your year and the strut rods are correctly positioned in their respective mountings. Have you tightened the lower LCA bolts? If so, loosen them and using a poind drift of some sort, try to align one hole on each LCA. It's possible the ball joints being new, are fighting you.
Also, it is best to make your final tightening sequence with a fully loaded suspension, to included the sway bar.
Hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,063 Posts
Just grab the LCA and pull it forwards. They move (i think that's their function) You can pull the holes into the proper position. Put one bolt at a time in and go from there.

Keep an eye on the bushings, as you tighten them, as they like to slip out of the center of where they need to be. :yup:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts