Ford Mustang Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know where I can get a set of taillamp lenses with the blue jewel in the center? I found pictures of Mustangs with them, but I can't find them anywhere.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
The " Blue dots" can be put in a set of lenses. Simply drill the correct size hole and install. I would check some old hotrod sites. Perhaps Speedway Automotive. I ran them on my Harley for years. You might also check to make sure they're legal where you're at.:bigthumbsup

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That's just it. All the places I have found them at say you need a flat surface to mount them, but the 66 taillamp lens is angled.

·
Registered
1,630 Posts
You can't buy a set of ready-made lenses with them, they are illegal in most areas from what I've been told. They have to be added, but if your lense is curved then it's difficult or impossible. If you shifted them off center on the Mustang lense to where it's flatter they would look wierd.

I know someone with a '52 Chevy Deluxe that added them. They are illegal here in CT but he's rolling the dice that the police won't ticket him.

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
All you do is take a file and file a flat spot for the hole. You only need a spot about 3/4 inch in diameter. It's not rocket science.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Dang, it turns out they are illegal in Pa from what I could find online. Oh well. I am also thinking about getting the sequential turn signal LED taillamp kit from mustang project for my car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.