Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a new carb for my 200 v6 66 coupe. I am wondering what 1 carburetors others are using.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Hi. First, it isn't a V6, it's an I6 (Straight 6). Second, my car is currently running an original Autolite 1100. But I am going to change that soon.

If money is no limit on what your getting, then get Pony Carburetor's new 1 barrel carburetor. They have redesigned the internals and given it annular discharge like the 2 & 4 barrel carbs have. They have improved the 1 barrels performance. It usually runs about $400, but it is well worth it, that and a concours rebuilt one is about $600.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I suggest not going to Pony Carburetors. There quality control is not that good and their customer service after you get the carburetor is terrible. but I do suggest trying to stay with the Autolite one barrel if you want to stay with a one barrel.

There are kits you can get for putting a 4BBL on the straight sixes but it could be a little too much carb. But that is a suggestion.

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
I had 200 '65 years ago. One of the first things I did was scrap the Holley replacement carb for an 1100 I got from Pony Carbs. It ran much better and actually used less fuel! Fortunately, I have not had any bad experiences with Pony Carbs. The 4100 I just got from them and put on my latest '65 ran the first time I fired it up, I just need to tune it in this weekend.

·
Registered
230 Posts
The 4100 I got from Pony had a Torn Secondary Diaprahm, busted floats, the dashpot was heavily corroded & painted over with a goldish paint, air horn gasket was inproperly installed & ruined.

MustangsUnlimited has 1100 Autolites for sale. They also have an adapter kit for mounting a 2BBL on the 1BBL I-6s. Also they have a acouple other 1BBLs.

·
Registered
153 Posts
If you have an autolite 1100 try taking it apart, clean it thoroughly and rebuild it. It will cost maybe $20 for a kit and carb cleaner. They do work well if set up right.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts