Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All!
I have been dealing with this one particular problem for a while now, so I decided to turn to the internet and discovered this site. What a great forum! I'll certainly be sticking around.

The issue: I've swapped my 1987 5.0's automatic C4(?) with a T-10 manual from a 1967 Mustang. Ran through the install and I had a bad engine vibration. Smack on the head, I needed a different counterbalance on the flywheel. I changed out the 28 oz flywheel with a 50 oz and reinstalled.

The vibration is obviously reduced, but there is still a decent one there. Any ideas?

After I have read through your website, most signs point to the Harmonic Balancer, but here is where I am puzzled. The engine had no vibrations before the transmission swap. Why would it need a new one? There should be no difference between the Automatics and Manuals balancer.

·
Registered
575 Posts
have you checked the drive shaft? or the crossmember bolts? just work your way down the line and make sure everything is tight.

·
Registered
428 Posts
what is the condition of the manual trans. you put in? if the bearings are wore out it would have a vibration. Just a thought

·
Registered
575 Posts
maybe the balancer happened to go out when you put the new tranny in

1 - 5 of 5 Posts