Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking of installing the pertonix ignitor kit in my 1966 mustang inline 6, but what should I go with, the pertronix I, II, or III. I don't know which one is a waste of money or which is not good enough. Does anyone have a good knowledge base of these products and does anyone know where you can get it in Canada. Thanks.

·
Registered
471 Posts
You can get the petronix from most any mustang vendor. As far as which one is the best its hard to say. Don't know much about the P3 but the P1 and P2 work very well. You could change it over to the DS I or DS2 using all Ford parts.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've had the Pertronix 1 in my 289 for over ten years now, and I've never had a problem with it. The engine starts immediately and reliably. One of the best investments I've made for the car.

·
Registered
30 Posts
i just installed the new Ignitor 3 , and i am very un impressed with it. My car seemed to run better with good ole points. I will be returning it.

·
Registered
471 Posts
i just installed the new Ignitor 3 , and i am very un impressed with it. My car seemed to run better with good ole points. I will be returning it.
Did you bypass the pink wire :headscratch:. I think the P2 and 3 require a full 12 volts to work right plus I think you need to upgrade the coil to 12 volt also.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts