Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 289 V8 mustang.
I had front disc brakes installed on the front tires; 4 stainless steel piston power disc brakes.
The brakes make that squealing noise when i press the brake, you know the same sound that the buses make, it is unbearable.
It makes the car seem cheap.
I bought the disc brakes from MP Brakes about a year ago, and have had this problem for about 5 months now and I need to fix this!
I have taken my car to my mechanic who puts some strong disc brake quiet and this seems to work for 3 days, and then the noise comes again. The noise though only happens during the "middle" part of the braking, never follows through to the complete stop.

What should I do?
Car is a daily driver, and hasn't been driven hard.

·
Registered
194 Posts
check to see if the rotors are glazed over. Also the back sides of the pads(not the pad material but the metal backing) should have brake grease, grease the caliper sliders and the metal trays the pads sit in. Lack of grease can make the pads vibrate and cause a squealing sound.

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
I know this seems counter productive but many times it is the type of brake pad you use. the high quality semi mettalic brake pads tend to squeal whereas the cheapest brake pads you can get tend not to squeal as much. you might try buying a real cheap replacement brake pad set and just see if it still does it.

a couple other things to check. some brake pads have a scraper that makes that noise when the brake pads are worn down if yours have these make sure they are not bent. also you will want to spin the wheel without the rim and tire on it while someone else depresses the brake pedal to make sure the pads are being evenly closed and that the caliper is not cockeyed

1 - 3 of 3 Posts