Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. Thank you for all your insight. I am currently working on my first Mustang project and I am looking for direction on radiator selection. I will be adding AC to this non AC car and need to figure out what radiator to put in. I currently have a 20inch stock radiator. I don't know if it's pertinent but I have a C4 in it. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Ronson,

It ran hot last summer. I am in the process of dropping in my rebuilt engine and want to upgrade the radiator in order to install AC (does not currently have). I would venture to say that if it ran hot last summer and I will be adding AC, I will need to replace the radiator.

My understanding is that it's a 2 row rad.

Does not have clutch. Do you recommend I add a clutch?

My fan is a 17" 5 blade which I will also replace if only to make it look pretty.

Thanks again and I will check out the link you provided.

·
Banned
828 Posts
hi;

ok your last engine is not the same as your new one therefore your new one might run hotter. all i can do iis guess. imo its better to put in a rad that might be bigger and more expensive than you need to start with. if you spend $200.00 on a rad and it ends up being too small you have a $200.00 used rad you need to try and sell.

i would start with your existing fan and a stock shroud and a 180 thermostat. if your temp runs at 187 or less when its above 90 degrees we know your fan size is good. you can decide what you want with the old fan from there.

the flex a lite 1717p fans are very good and very popular.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you

I appreciate your time and advice. It turns out my current radiator is a 3 row. I think all I will do at this juncture is a shroud and see how it goes than upgrade if necessary. Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts