Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to this, but I have a 1967 coupe with a 289 and an auto trans. It is in fairly original condition, you can tell where somebody had painted the driver's side once but looks like original paint. the interior is pretty original too. it has about 69 k on the odometer, I cant verify those are original but I would think that they are. The former owner had replaced the original hub cap wheels with some American racing (Cragar SS style) wheels and BFG OWL tires, They look good, but I wish I had the original hubcaps. He also upgraded the intake with a Holley 4bbl and an HEI distributor. i think that it could use some tuning, but it starts right up and drives. what is something like this worth? I kind of want to sell it. any help is appreciated! mustang1.jpg mustang2.jpg mustang3.jpg

·
Super Moderator
2,241 Posts
Welcome to ALLFORDMUSTANGS!
Please read the Site Rules and be sure to complete your account details.
We’re glad you’ve joined us.

·
Registered
2015 Ruby Red GT, 1966 Silver Blue Coupe
607 Posts
You will get a lot of opinions on this...

I can tell you that assuming its a C code car Hagerty list the average price as 19,200 for "good condition" and 10,800 for "fair" condition. Subtract 5% for auto trans an add 6% for A/C. To be in good condition the car must run and drive well and not need obvious mechanical repair. For excellent condition or above it would need to be a show quality car or better.

Obviously that is just a guide and Hagerty's numbers are based on recorded sale trends mostly from auction I believe. But it gives you a starting point. Value comes down to the current market demand and well as condition. Things like rust, paint, and body condition are the biggest and most expensive things to factor in. You didn't mention any significant mechanical history such as engine or trans rebuilds which is also a big factor.

The thing I most often run into with people who are selling is they usually think that have an ultra rare collector car or they spent way to much money restoring it and think they can justify recouping their costs in the price. The reality is classic mustangs are still fairly common and more affordable than many other cars from the era. Unless its a rare optioned car or a Barrett Jackson quality restoration they just don't go for big money.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You will get a lot of opinions on this...

I can tell you that assuming its a C code car Hagerty list the average price as 19,200 for "good condition" and 10,800 for "fair" condition. Subtract 5% for auto trans an add 6% for A/C. To be in good condition the car must run and drive well and not need obvious mechanical repair. For excellent condition or above it would need to be a show quality car or better.

Obviously that is just a guide and Hagerty's numbers are based on recorded sale trends mostly from auction I believe. But it gives you a starting point. Value comes down to the current market demand and well as condition. Things like rust, paint, and body condition are the biggest and most expensive things to factor in. You didn't mention any significant mechanical history such as engine or trans rebuilds which is also a big factor.

The thing I most often run into with people who are selling is they usually think that have an ultra rare collector car or they spent way to much money restoring it and think they can justify recouping their costs in the price. The reality is classic mustangs are still fairly common and more affordable than many other cars from the era. Unless its a rare optioned car or a Barrett Jackson quality restoration they just don't go for big money.
Thanks for your help! Members of my family think it is a $25000 masterpiece rare car, but I feel it’s probably somewhere around 15 or so. I’ll try the local market out and see. Cheers!

·
Registered
07 Mustang GT
532 Posts
Its no where near a $25k car, however it never hurts to ask that. To me its a $10-15k car in its present driver condition. Its not a popular color combo and the resto is showing its age.

·
Registered
2015 Ruby Red GT, 1966 Silver Blue Coupe
607 Posts
Thanks for your help! Members of my family think it is a $25000 masterpiece rare car, but I feel it’s probably somewhere around 15 or so. I’ll try the local market out and see. Cheers!
Yeah defiantly not a 25K car. I think mid teens is reasonable. Good luck.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts