Ford Mustang Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mustang keeps making this noise that's like an empty pop can on top of a running dryer. I have no idea where it is coming from. I think I might have lost something into the rear fender from my trunk, but I don't even exactly know where the noise is coming from. It normally only happens when I'm taking off or traveling at low rpms. It has never occurred at speeds over 40 mph, any ideas on how to fix it.

·
Registered
831 Posts
This is a hard question to answer from afar. Have you checked the bushings on the leaf springs?

·
Registered
2,070 Posts
Fill the quarter/trunk cavities with expand-a-foam:gringreen.

Seriously, if your trunk has the flap on the left side - it is removed by metal screws (two or three I think). Check there for the noise maker and the well under the spare tire. If something has gotten deeper in the quarter (which is unlikely, but not impossible), you'll have to remove the rear seat (both bottom and back) then remove the window crank and the metal panel that covers the interior of the quarter. This will expose where the quarter window lives and you might find what your looking for there.

Although, before you go through all that, get a helper to listen for the culprit as you drive to help pinpoint it's origin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts