Ford Mustang Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This a new thread about the cougar, and its lack of power. it's got a built motor in it. cam, heads, titanium valves i believe, and a 4.11 9 inch ford rear end, but it just lacks in power for some reason. especially once the car is warmed up. when i first start it, it'll take off pretty good, but once i've drove it for a little while... i can floor it.. and it just feels like the car has to catch up with the motor, and you can't feel the torque at all. could this be due to the transmission problem i made a thread about? (check out the transmission thread)

it's getting fire, and it's getting gas, so that's not the problem.

Hi-po 289 out of a 67 shelby, with a 3 speed tranny, incase you needed to know.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I've read a couple of your THREADS & You ALREADY know the anwsers. Your Car, A Cougar has the engine rebuilt, why are having problems. You have ask questions, got answers, & quickly dismiss any solutions??? How can anybody help you??

·
Registered
330 Posts
Please don't give others information on what cams or carbs to be using until you get that Cougar soughted out.

THANKS

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I've read a couple of your THREADS & You ALREADY know the anwsers. Your Car, A Cougar has the engine rebuilt, why are having problems. You have ask questions, got answers, & quickly dismiss any solutions??? How can anybody help you??
exactly. the engine is rebuilt, so i can't figure out what it is that's keeping the car from doing what it can. and the only thing someone said it could be, was the carb- i checked the fuel pressure and it's sending the right ammount. so that's left out of the question. and as for my other thread, i do not know alot about transmissions, so when i ask what could be wrong with it, i don't want "it needs to be rebuilt". i want to hear what's they thinks wrong with it. and a couple people have gave me their opinions, and i'm checking into what they said. and as for the carb and cams- i never told anyone what cam to use, and i told them about the carb from experience. so likewise on that. so if i have an opinion on someones thread that i think might help them, i'm going to reply to it. just because i'm having a little trouble with my car, means i can't help others with theirs? it seems to me you're a bit of a fool with an ego.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.